Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

[ New ]

This has nothing to do with the SD Card or if it was a Quick or Full Format, That is the most assinine reply  Ihave ever heard.

This camer is trash and no amount of full Formatting of my $80 SD Card is going to fix that **bleep**.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have put my GoPro 6 back in the original packaging in the showcase and am waiting for an update.

I mean, on a professional update!

Until then, I use again my beautiful, old, reliable, not by inept humans programmed Hero3 +

Hiker

[ New ]
Return it! And rant.. make their stock plumit so they actually do something about it and the reorder...

This is what I am doing, this is unacceptable.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Review as of v1.60 firmware:

I am fully with you on this one, I just bought my Hero6 a few days ago... oh boy what a disappointment it is so far...

- White screen flashing when powering up the camera

- Abnormal heating

- Random freezes

- Almost unusable with the Android App, 70% of the time not connecting. If it does, then likely to freeze and/or not show anything in the Media part.

- The charging port, i have hard times opening it... My wife won't be able to open it at all.

- Touch screen responsivness is poor at best

And I could keep going... did the same as somebody else here - put it back in the box and got back to my good old Hero4. Only because i can't exchange / refund ithe 6 (bought it abroad)

500$ for an unfinished product, this is unacceptable.

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes, return and rant.  It's working. I went to a BIGGIE retail store and was gonna ask to see the new GoPro Hero 6 and wondered if it was better than the errors and issues with the Hero 4 and 5 but instead asked, which action camera do you recommend.  After I was shown the garmain and another, I asked about the GoPro and the clerk said, "I'd stay clear of the GoPro. I know they are the big name but that's back at version 3 they were ok.  Now they are terrible.  I know I bought two of the 4's and had to return both of them and then bought a 5 figuring whatever was wrong with the 4 had been resolved and it wasn't; returned it too."  We had a nice conversation about the YI 4K Plus and they were going to get one of those and then showed me all the returns they'd had in the last 30 days, two in the previous day alone.

The rant is working, the news is getting out and spreading; FINALLY !!  Maybe GoPro will finish the build instead of having the consumer tell them what is wrong and can't be fixed.

Nomad

[ New ]

@nima-langsam wrote:

I have put my GoPro 6 back in the original packaging in the showcase and am waiting for an update.

I mean, on a professional update!

Until then, I use again my beautiful, old, reliable, not by inept humans programmed Hero3 +

Yes the Hero 3 was the last good tried and tested build of the Hero series.  Since then it seems the product is rush to the market to keep up with the 3rd world versions like the YI 4K Plus (the first to hit the market with a 60frames 4K action camera) and without completely finishing the testing of the newest GoPro product, the product hits the market and a zillion problems show up.  It's so sad to learn the the public is the test market for product problems.

Nomad

[ New ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Review as of v1.60 firmware:

I am fully with you on this one, I just bought my Hero6 a few days ago... oh boy what a disappointment it is so far...

- White screen flashing when powering up the camera

- Abnormal heating

- Random freezes

- Almost unusable with the Android App, 70% of the time not connecting. If it does, then likely to freeze and/or not show anything in the Media part.

- The charging port, i have hard times opening it... My wife won't be able to open it at all.

- Touch screen responsivness is poor at best

And I could keep going... did the same as somebody else here - put it back in the box and got back to my good old Hero4. Only because i can't exchange / refund ithe 6 (bought it abroad)

500$ for an unfinished product, this is unacceptable.

Do what the rest of us have been doing, return it where you bought it and 'sing' a song of unhappiness.  The news will eventually get back to GoPro to finish their products development before releasing it to the market.

Backpacker

[ New ]

lol who told you Hero 3's are the last good GoPro.

I still use my Hero 4's for nightlapses, & the 4 Silver is a very underestimated camera. Not overly impressed with the 5, 6 is leagues ahead. & Sessions are amazingly good for the size