Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

The sd card is a Sony 4K 64gb cost me £90 from John Lewis. It’s not the videos that are freezing it’s the GoPro when I’m using the touch screen it stops working the power off button also freezes and I have to remove the battery to switch it off
Highlighted
Explorer

Format (full not quick) your card in your computer and run a manual update. SD card issues usually don't manifest with freezing video but in camera performance. The camera scans the SD card and if it has an issue will continue to do so in the background. This can lead to sluggish/freezing issues. If possible, try a different card.
Highlighted
Nomad

"The camera in general, works great and has excellent performance. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKvMcV0GECY

Is GoPro Hero 6 as awesome as it is advertised? Here is the real world comparison to market's best action cameras out there and iPhone 8 Plus with Moment's f...
Highlighted
Backpacker

hi,

this comparison was made Oct 7, before v01.60 that was released Nov 20.

so I think it has to be reconsidered.

robert

Highlighted
Nomad

@robert1326 wrote:

hi,

this comparison was made Oct 7, before v01.60 that was released Nov 20.

so I think it has to be reconsidered.

robert

Even before 10/07/2017 there were issues that just have not be published.  I met people this weekend for another film production where we intend to use 'action cameras' for a 'run' of a crazy driver with framing on the front tire running through mud and I was so pleased to hear the general consensus that GoPro was NOT going to be used AND I didn't make the suggestion nor the comments about quality issues other than every filmmaker at the table had bad experiences with both Hero 4's and 5's.  It's not us, it's the unit.  SanDisk, Sony, Samsung, etc. cards in the units and fails.  It's the unit and the sooner the word gets out in the mainstream, the sooner there will be a solution and the sooner we'll have successfully function cameras 'across the boad' from GoPro, not some working and some not, but ALL. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

sorry to disapoint you, but its not ALL. My Hero 6 is working fine, I use a Lexar card & since the last update no issues

Highlighted
Backpacker

mine is fine too with a SanDisk Extreme v30.

if I use the right settings, I'm good with what this little thing can do...

no issues.

robert 

Highlighted
Nomad

I was trying out my new Hero6 today and find the noise performance in low light slightly less satisfying than my Hero4.