Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

Why would you release a camera with issues upon release. This is the third one I have tried, and yup its going back.  Firmware updated and these issues are now present.

First issue, all video shot inside has a horrible blue color cast, clearly white balance is not very accurate, tried on flat and Gopro color, problem with both.

Photo mode, can only shoot 4 frames and the camera locks up, does nothing, cant even power off. Need to remove the battery, start again. Guess what, it locks up again.

Video stabalization, I will post an example, but in low light the object in the center of the image bounces around.

Photos are very grainy when HDR mode is used, my iPhone 4 does a better job in the same light.

Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

Could you tell me hte sdhc card or Sdxc card you're using?

Hiker

Fishy...the card is a Sandisk Extreme PLUS....I used without issue in my Hero 5 black. I do have an update, I just returned from Best Buy with my 7th...repeat 7th Hero Black 6. All the others had picture taking issues, the camera would lock up after taking only a single frame. It would lock up when changing from VIDEO mode to PHOTO mode using the touch screen and ALSO USING THE CAPTURE APP. Each time I updated the firmware from the app. What I did differently this time, is I updated the firmware manually, and so far so good. The camera does not crash....fingers crossed. I am infuritated that I spent $500 on a camera that had to be taken back six times to find one that works....

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Well.....#%%^%$^& this crap. #7 a DUD......I dont beleive this....camera worked great for about 10 minutes, now nothing. Just hangs each time I try to take a PIC...

Backpacker

Sounds like you got a bad batch at that Bestbuy?  Is the card fully formatted in  a computer??? not a quick format a full format?

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Yup..formatted in camera, this one also had connectivity issues transferring 5 images, kept going through a fail to copy loop over and over again. I dunno...I am stunned.

I would understand completely if this was a $50 camera, but for $500 from a publicly traded company.....there are major QC issues

Backpacker

If you did it as a full format  of the puter through the camera. then it  may rule your card out.   If it was a cheap camera they supply a  few allowed internal memory for pics and vid.   so its not  about the cheap or expensive camera if asked its about the software of the camera

Hiker

OK Fishy.....I have an update that you will love. I switched out the sandisk extreme plus 64gb, and put in an older Patriot 4k compatible card, on 32gb. I have been playing around with the camera without issue for the last 25 minutes or so. No screen hangups, no camera freezing. I wonder....if it is the card, although Gopro recommended, 6 previous cameras would not function correctly, nor would this one, until I changed the card. hmmmmmm