Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

@grega1 Why would you try 7 cameras before trying a different card?? Sure it may be an approved for GoPro card but did you not think that after the 2nd try that maybe it could be the card and not the camera? No wonder why the price of these things just keeps going up...

Highlighted
Adventurer

I hea rya  about using machines  and all.  so somewhere down the road you get issues, totally understandable. Do you think the memory of the machine can be an issue or your memory of the graghpics card, just throwing it out there.

Highlighted
Tourist

Down the road?  This is day one, using the same card that had no issues in the GPH5.  Oh, the stuttering shows up when you play it on the  Gopro also BTW.  Don’t see how that could be a memory issue on my MacBook.  You seem to be focused on the memory card.  Are you open to the possibility that it’s just a bad Gopro unit?  I’m just trying to figure out what the problem could be before I’m forced to return it.

Highlighted
Adventurer

if you got a return period, go  for it.  if you got a good sd card the, you got your answer, no left option return

Highlighted
Hiker

what is a good SD card?

I'm currently using U3, class 10 cards from Sandisk and Transcend 

Highlighted
Tourist

i purchased a samsung U3 micro SD rated 100 write /60 read. I was only shooting in 2.7k 60fps and it it gave me quite a few hiccups during recording. 

i'm curious to see if it was the GoPro hero 6 itself or my memory card. i understand if i was shooting in 4K, but i wasnt.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using samsung pro U3 32gb card.  I had no problems recording in 2.7 or 4k until I updated the camera to newest firmware.  Then I got split screen recording where one side was either glitchy or frozen.  Didn't happen all the time, but it happened enough that it was super annoying.  I returned by gopro because it had crazy battery drain and wouldn't fully charge.  I just got my new one yesterday (it has a good battery) and haven't updated to the new firmware yet, so the video recording has been trouble free so far. @nicewave41370

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@chewslife

yes i updated the firmware the day i received it. it's my first GOpro so i'm still new to the game. Have you had any issues with low light? Grain/Noise?

Look at the level of noise and the blue ceiling lights!! Unedited, straight from the micro SD to the computer. Indoor shooting, but it is very well lit. weird blue tint with serious noise/grain

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwuBp_xrisAseFZ0SExNbW1hcFE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwuBp_xrisAsTy1NcGdNU3NDZEE