Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

Question now lies, where did you get the card, could it be a bad card, counterfiet, or gopro told the camera to be picky on extremes now.

glad you found the issue  sooner than later , keep playing with the camera without a card, then with the card, and then   you are  set

happy for you.  a bad sector, never now.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes the stabilizer is not coping well in low light situation...
Highlighted
Explorer

@grega1

I never use SanDisk.  It's unfortunate a board member for SanDisk also sits on the board for GoPro.  At least GoPro is starting to list Lexar 1000X before the SanDisk cards.  I hope the card you are using now continues to perform for you.  I only use Lexar 1000x, Samsung Pro/Pro+/Pro Select.  With these cards I have zero issues with any of my GoPro cameras including the Hero6 Black.

@ykgen

Stabilization at night will never be very good.  The camera has to take into account the entire picture to make adjustments.  As the light gets lower there is less information for the camera to make decisions with.  Add to that, any individual lights, such as street lights, will really exaggerate the look of shakiness.  It's no worse than if you don't have stabilization on.  I still find that the stabilization helps, just not as much as it does during well lit recording, which the Hero6 does incredibly well.

Highlighted
Tourist

Got the GPH6 today and went for a ride on my motorcycle to test the unit.  Firmware update completed.  2.7K @ 60fps, stabilization on.  30 minute continuous recording.  3 of the 4 segments were unwatchable, shaky, suttery, slow frame rate.  1 segment was fine but I couldn't tell the quality difference between GP6 and GP5.  Card is Sandisk Extreme Pro, which never had a probleem with GPH5.  Will test the unit in 1080 @120fps then 2.7K @ 60fps again to see the the problem continues to exist.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I am happy we have the option to use external memory, simply use what gopro recommends. For example we are restricted when it comes to other devices if camera's and phones. they do not crash they work perfectly, with any ANY external memory you'll get a hiccup, period.

I again am happy the   issue is resolved.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Second set of recordings completed.  Still having issues with 2.7K 60 FPS.  Extremely stuttery!  So disappointed.  $500 and it doesn’t work out of the box.  

Highlighted
Adventurer

not sure how you're g etting stuttering, is it via the camera screen, it plays perfect, is it via t he camera t oa hdtv it plays perfect,  is it via the camera playing on the desktop it stutters, is it on the hdd  it stutters.  see if you have  met gopro's requirements.  I put the video on youtube privately and watch it that way. if it still stutters yes lets us know   ypu need to be with at least the latest machines old and new will fail to work.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Playing on Macbook Pro 2017, so it's not a machine issue.  In an 8 minute video, it starts off fine, then 3 minutes latter the stuttering starts.  I'll post on YouTube and link.  I hear the 1.51 firmware update may be the problem.  Those who've been using the camera prior to the update had no issues.  Going to the store to switch out the camera and not doing an update.  If that doesn't work, not a good sign for GoPro.  Their stock continues to fall.  Don't get me wrong, I own 2 other gopros Sessions and GPH5, and those came with their own set of headaches.  Is it too much to ask for things to work right out of the box?