Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

@danielr15 wrote:
LOL.

Unfortunately your response came up in my email.

As far as the Hero6 Black, I've explained that to you. Purchase one. If you like it, keep it. If not, return it.

SD card, I explained that as well. SanDisk v30 (v30, as tested and recommended by GoPro). Any other card you use at your own risk.

Battery, use only GoPro OEM.

You can try to paint yourself in a positive light, but you can't take back the things you've written (here and elsewhere).

Sorry I haven't purchased the Hero 6 yet and reported back my success or failure therein, but I have been so busy that I just want to make sure when I make the purchase that I have the time to work with the camera and learn any issues before the return date expires.  Here's what I'm getting that's in my B&H cart awaiting the time:

GoPro Hero 6 Black

GoPro Dual Battery Charger w/xtra batt

GoPro RemovU R1 Wrist Remote

SanDisk 64Gb Extreme Plus UHS-1 Read 95/Mbs / Write 90/Mbs LINK

GoPro Xtra Batt

Plus some additional mounts for Motorcycle and other apparatus.

Does this look to give me a good go at it?

As I've stated previously, I want this camera to work for me, as it fits many things into one box.  I'm not dissatisfed with my YI 4K Plus, but I do want to the GoPro Hero and if it's the 6 that will work, then it will be in my arsenal as long as it fits my production style.  It will be Camera 3 and possibly 4 and 5 if this first one works adequately.

BTW, for the record, my record as a producer is positive in its' own accord as evidenced by the number of productions I've acheived and the 5 awards I've earned.  I don't have to sing that song, it's been sung for me.

Hiker

@drdimentowrote:

.......GoPro Hero 6 Black

GoPro Dual Battery Charger w/xtra batt

GoPro RemovU R1 Wrist Remote

SanDisk 64Gb Extreme Plus UHS-1 Read 95/Mbs / Write 90/Mbs LINK

GoPro Xtra Batt

Plus some additional mounts for Motorcycle and other apparatus. . . . .

So, further to this Post I made above, I bught all that is on the list EXCEPT the RemovU R1 Writst Remote because I learned it wasn't a GoPro product AND I did but the GoPro Remote so that I know if the camera is recording or not remotely.  Also, I went ith a 32GB SanDisk Extreme PLUS microSD card instead of the 64GB and it is a "up to 100 MB/s, V30, A1 4K UHD."  The latter is because of my previous experiences and my friend @danielr15 recommendation.  I am so darn nervous.  I want this to work more than anything yet and it fits so perfect with this portable Canon M6 (and soon M50) series cams.  Here goes.  I'll post the update in a day or few.  Thanks to all who have helped me get this far and especially those who have not given up on my passion.  :-)

Highlighted
Hiker

@drdimentowrote:

So, further to this Post I made above, I bught all that is on the list EXCEPT the RemovU R1 Writst Remote because I learned it wasn't a GoPro product AND I did but the GoPro Remote so that I know if the camera is recording or not remotely.  Also, I went ith a 32GB SanDisk Extreme PLUS microSD card instead of the 64GB and it is a "up to 100 MB/s, V30, A1 4K UHD."  The latter is because of my previous experiences and my friend @danielr15 recommendation.  I am so darn nervous.  I want this to work more than anything yet and it fits so perfect with this portable Canon M6 (and soon M50) series cams.  Here goes.  I'll post the update in a day or few.  Thanks to all who have helped me get this far and especially those who have not given up on my passion.  :-)

FOLLOW UP . . .

I wanted to follow up to my post of a few days ago (above) and let folks know that the I'm now on Day 5 of the Hero 6 and thus far without a hitch.  Thus, it looks like the major issues that were plaguing the 4 and 5 (from my own experiences) is resolved.  The unit takes amazing images and video AND what you see on the screen is pretty much what you will see on a computer screen.  I've filmed every day multiple formats and have used 100% SanDisk v30 4K microSD cards.

I've thus, purchased additional hardware to work with my Hero 6 Black and will shortly purchase two or three more of them.  My purchase was at Best Buy and here's what I bought:  Hero 6 Black, GoPro Charger and 2 additional GoPro batteries, plus the GoPro Smart Remote.  I did not get the wrist remote with the screen as I learned it was NOT a GoPro product.

Thanks to all for your help in this matter and I am so pleased to have found a "winner."  If you have any questions, just let me know and unless I have any issues or help to offer, I'll be on the side.  BTW, if there aren't any issues, at the end of the month I'll be putting all my other action camera gear on Ebay.