Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

So I purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver and had "sd card errors" and "shutting down after seconds of usage" and then after returning it, a year later purchased a GoPro Hero 5 Black and had "sd card errors" and "shutting down on its own" and "black screen lockups" and "overheating shut downs" and returned it.

So here I am, considering a GoPro Hero 6.  Am I a fool or what?  I really would like to have one of these that works.  Can anyone tell me is there a GoPro Hero 6 without errors and if so what is it that you have to do to get one?  After the Hero 5 Black issues I puchased a YI 4K Plus and have been successfully using it for months without any issues at all other than when the card is full it shuts down and I don't know it; resolved with larger cards.  However, I'd love to have a camera without having to open it to access the touch screen.  Please advise.

Highlighted
Backpacker

my Hero 6 black works perfectly & used daily. What I did was buy a decent SD card & read the instructions

Highlighted
Explorer

Please don't encourage him.
Highlighted
Backpacker

having pointless threads like this open is all they need.

Can Admin lock these generic "moan" threads please. If they can't be bothered to open a new thread with details of what fault they have, or even come on asking for help then why give them these threads

Highlighted
Explorer

Agreed. I have suggested that the mods move threads like this to groups. GoPro makes it a point to not silence members, but since groups are available, why not just send these discussions there?
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 wrote:
Please don't encourage him.

So if it isn't my dear friend @danielr15  I must be a fool to try this again @danielr15 but as I've shared with you honestly over and over previously (and you apparently just don't want to believe me), I want this GoPro Hero to work for me.  I have many applications for action cameras now and while the YI 4K Plus is working fine, my clients would much prefer a recognized brand name on their projects and until YI gets that "brand name status," I have to consider trying to get a GoPro Hero 6 to work for me.  

So, please instead of working against me, please will you tell me what to do, buy, or use, to allow me a GoPro Hero 6 trial so I can see if I can get one working in my system and if it does, there are two more that I can use along side it in the process.  We just released our first "national release day" for a band's single and there is more work like that in the wind just waiting for us to upscale to 5+ camera angles and more action cameras.  Thus, please recommend what you or the GoPro gang "know will work" not speculate but know.  B&H has reccommended already this card: MICRO SD CARD LINK

Any other reccommendations or battery recommendations.  I'm figuring again to have two extra batteries and an external charger, all from B&H.  Additional thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Nomad

ATTENTION FOLKS - In an attempt to clarify the character assination attempts by one of the Postees here, I AM NOT A TROLL.

I am a serious full time Professional Producer who has produced over 700 TV Programs and over 1,000 "other" videos under the brand names Trimedia Productions, Trimedia Inc., Trimedia Pictures, Dr Dimento Photgraphy, Dr Dimento Videography, and backpack inc. Presently, I do not produce TV Programs since having to relocate from Pittsburgh to Southern Ohio when my wife became an invalid due to a fall.  I have owned over 50 different types of caemras not the least of which have been film, DSLR, videocams, and pocket/action cameras; although, today all my film cameras are gone except an Arriflex IIc that I expect to sell this year.  Becasue of our work, we had to upgrade to cinematography insurance and accordingly had to sell our drone or experience much higher insurance rates.  Moreover, 99% of our work today is "sold out" to NY ad agencies and corporate work other than a handfull of public things with our name on them.  A search of the names I mentioned above will find what little work we have that actually has our name on it.  We are named in credits of companies like the BBC and National Geographic but we do not have the rights to post any of that work and thus a search will not reveal our work therein.

So.... with that in the background, here's what I need...

I am seirously shopping for an action camera solution that will eleminate the need to have multipe action cameras.  I've tried the Hero 4 and Hero 5 with lousy success due to SD card errors, blank screen, lock ups, auto shut down on its own, etc.  Ive also owned Sony X3000 and YI 4K Plus among seveal others in the action camera line.

I would like to get a GoPro Hero 6 to see if I can get it working in my system / process.  We just released our first "national release day" music video for a band's new single (if anyone is interested I can post the link therein) and there is more work like that in the wind just waiting for us to upscale to 5+ camera angles and more action cameras.  Thus, please recommend what you all or the GoPro gang "know will work" - not speculate but know will work.  Since the defense to my Hero 5 issues were the use of SanDisk, here is the SD Card recommended by B&H, a creditable professional supplier:  MICRO SD CARD LINK

Any other reccommendations or battery recommendations will be greatly appreciated also.  I'm figuring again to have two extra batteries and an external charger, all from B&H.  Appreciate any additional thoughts?  ...and, many thanks in advance to those who respond and for their kind help in this matter.

Highlighted
Explorer

LOL.

Unfortunately your response came up in my email.

As far as the Hero6 Black, I've explained that to you. Purchase one. If you like it, keep it. If not, return it.

SD card, I explained that as well. SanDisk v30 (v30, as tested and recommended by GoPro). Any other card you use at your own risk.

Battery, use only GoPro OEM.

You can try to paint yourself in a positive light, but you can't take back the things you've written (here and elsewhere).