Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black MAJOR ISSUES

Dimento has been spreading his trash for awhile now. Not just here but on review sites as well. Most likely these are stock short sellers who desperately want to push the stock price down. The ignorance in the comments are laughable and hardly worth a reply.

Pay attention to the desired result, "make their stock plumit".

Comments comparing GoPro cameras to Yi 4K+ is equally laughable. When that camera released it was crippled and took several updates to have all of the promised functions.

The Hero6 will undoubtedly be getting more updates and possibly features throughout the year. As it stands, here is a little comparison between Yi4K+ and Hero6 Black
Replaceable lens cover: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Waterproof without case: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Zoom: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
2.7K resolution/120fps: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
1080 resolution/240fps: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Video ISO 100: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Wind Reduction Audio Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Face/Voice/motion detection Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
HiLight Tagging: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
GPS: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Auto picture/sec Burst: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
HDR photo: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
HDMI Port: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
h.265: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
White Balance Options:
2300K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
2800K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
3200K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
4000K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
4500K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
6000K Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES
Accurate Underwater Color without filter: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 Yes
Drone compatible: Yi4K+ NO Hero6 YES

Hero6 has Superior EIS and Protune Color as well as superior durability.

Keep your camera boxed up in your closet, what you chose to do is fine with me. Coming to a GoPro Community Support Site and offer nothing but ignorant negative comments is just sad or with ulterior motives.

If you are having issues with your camera, contact the Support Team.

SD cards and proper maintenance does matter.

The camera in general, works great and has excellent performance. If you are having issues not corrected through manual updates and using an appropriate (new or fully formatted) SD card, then there might be an issue with your particular camera. It's under warranty. Contact the Support Team and see if they can help you out. There are plenty of people, myself included, that are getting great performance from the Hero6 camera, so to imply that all Hero6 Black are faulty or have, "zillion" of issues is ignorant, exaggerated, and just plain silly. Especially when coming from a TROLL who doesn't even own the camera.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 wrote:

Dimento has been spreading his trash for awhile now. Not just here but on review sites as well. Most likely these are stock short sellers who desperately want to push the stock price down. The ignorance in the comments are laughable and hardly worth a reply.

Pay attention to the desired result, "make their stock plumit". . . . 

There is no need of me to spread anything, especially not trash.  I'm a professional producer of broadcast TV and national events who uses exclusively Canon products and who has need of action cameras that actually work reliabily (like my Canon's) for specific applications.  With over 1,500 projects to my credit (some on IMDB) I don't spread any kind of trash.  I happen to love the industry and do all I can to help others achieve their goals and find economic solutions to their growth plan.

While spreading truth may sound like a Troll to those who are brand sold out, the truth is, I have puchased 2 GoPro Hero 4 Silvers and 3 GoPro Hero 4 Black's, all of which had problems within days of purchase not the least of which were: white sceen, lock ups, black screen, overheating, SD card error, shut off after 4 and half seconds, and more.  Each of these malfuctions repeated themselves on all FIVE cameras.  I was fortuate, I simply packaged them up and returned them and waited a month or two before getting another with the hope that the problem had been resolved but alas it hadn't . . AS this thread proves.

I have many friends in Pittsburgh (where I was transplanted from) who also puchased these cameras and 4 out of 5 of them all had issues just as I had with SanDisk, Sony, Samsung, PNY, etc. microSD cards, which the OP has blatnantly stated over and over is the problem (micro SD card) but alas hasn't been.

I have stated over and over I want this problem resolved because being a branded user of cameras myself (Canon) I want to have GoPro stickers on my camera cases NOT some camera name that my big producers have never heard of.  However, I can't find one that fits all that I need at a value that I can risk being lost or damaged (the application I have for action cameras).  Imagine a close up of a tire turning in mud with the camera mounted on the side of the fender, I certainly don't want a $500 camera hanging out there, especially when (as experienced) it might not even be running.

This thread is my evidence that there is a problem that need resolution.  Returning defective gear isn't being mean, it's protecting one's interest and any company that truly cares about their customers would hope that the customer would do just that, return the product so that it could be fixed and help them find a solution.

Highlighted
Tourist

Battery always charges up to 100%: Yi4K = Yes / Hero6 = No

Unevenly distributed adhesive around the display: Yi4K = No / Hero6 = Yes

Highlighted
Explorer

My Hero6 Black charges to 100% and I don't have unevenly distributed adhesive around the display. However, I've read of people who report their camera's battery only charges to 98%. Perhaps an issue with the battery? Maybe. Maybe an issue with the internal battery sensor? Maybe. Would I sacrifice 2% of a battery and have some uneven adhesive around a display to have an action camera that is superior at being an action camera in every other way? YES, of course I would. Lucky for me, and the vast majority of GoPro Hero6 Black owners, this is not an issue.
Highlighted
Tourist

2% more or less battery charge is not a problem for me. The real problem is that the camera never shows when it's fully charged. This alone shows an inconsistency in the development. The camera is now my fifth Hero 6 and I have 6 original batteries. The 98% error is still there.

You can see this with the glue only in bright sunlight, if you pay attention to the display frame.

I am very meticulous, I pay attention to something like that. And such things are bothering me.

I also noticed that almost all Hero 6 (and Hero 5), the lens cover is not exactly flush with the housing. Likewise the battery flap. Here I expect 100%.

Unfortunately, I also know that my expectations are utopian. I also know that this is an action camera, which is supposed to make good pictures in the first place. Nevertheless, I can only enjoy it, if the case is perfectly processed in the smallest detail.

I think the 100% quality that GoPro promises is not the 100% quality I expect. Likewise, I appreciate that most customers are simply satisfied with less.

IMG_2513.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

@nima-langsam wrote:

. . . . I think the 100% quality that GoPro promises is not the 100% quality I expect. Likewise, I appreciate that most customers are simply satisfied with less.

Good point.  You drive such a valid point here *nima-langsam.  If we pay low money for a unit, we can't expect high rate of return on that item.  On the other hand if the unit is billed out (advertised) as the top of the line with the highest end of the pricing for a particular category, then we not only should expect the highest of quality and production completion, but "it" (the product) should be without exception.

Highlighted
Tourist

What issue is resolved the camera is constantly freezing!! How is the issue resolved
Highlighted
Explorer

No freezing on mine or many others on this site.  What SD card are you using?  Have you tried performing a manual update?