Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black First Impressions

As I read all I can do is note. thanks for the insite and info  

Tourist

Did you ever get an answer? I called GoPro and they have me using "Handbrake" which is very cumbersom. I also have a brand new top of the line gaming laptop. It is a $2000.00 machine. I expect that it is very hotrod, but it is still unable to deal with the raw footage from the camera through the GoPro Quik Ap. Disappointing. 

Explorer

@duanem8 

In your sunset picture you appear to have been using auto settings as they read 1/240 ISO1164 | 2017:10:02 18:51:00

Because you are using an ACTION camera, it will always favor a higher ISO over a slower shutter.  Had you manually set a slower shutter and decreased the ISO you would have gotten a cleaner picture.

Auto is fine for using the camera in it's intended environment, mainly well lit action scenes.  If you are going to use the camera in other situations, you can, but you will need a bit of understanding of how cameras work and how the settings effect the picture.  I'm not saying this to be derogatory, but you can't blame the camera for working the way it's programed.  If higher quality shots are important, then it is incumbent on the photo/ videographer to know how to work the camera. This isn't just GoPro, but all high quality cameras.

Sightseer

Same here. Just updated to the latest firmware and same issues. For reference, here's a screenshot of the top portion of the video. Sorry, this is a board room setting and can't have their faces. You'll see how terrible my issue is. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

ScreenGrapGoPro.JPG

GoPro Community Manager

@bluestar75534 - The update we put out a few weeks ago should have helped with this issue. I know you said you've done the update, but if you would, please try doing a manual update just to make sure the update installed fully. The instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero6.

If that doesn't clear it up, please let us know. Also, are you only seeing this in this lighting? Do you have similar issues in brighter locations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Explorer

@bluestar75534

Use Color: Flat, Sharpness: Low, and manually set the White balance. You might also benefit from increasing your EV or slowing your shutter speed.

Tourist

HI Team, 

I just got my Hero6 Black, I have unboxed it, and tried to connect USB to charge battery , but read light on top left wont come on which I noticed after watching some videos should happen. 

My go pro wont turn on due to battery not being charged. What do I do ?

Explorer

@snowycave78302

Leave your camera plugged in to a wall charger overnight.  Sometimes it takes awhile the first time.  If it still doesn't charge, there is probably something wrong with the battery.  If you purchased the GoPro from a store, simply bring it back for an exchange.  If you purchased from GoPro, contact the GoPro Support Team.  Have your camera serial number (it can be hard to read so I usually take a picture of it with my phone and enlarge the image).  I believe the number is also on the box. You can reach them during normal business hours via chat or phone https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs