09-28-2017 11:20 AM
I just picked up the Hero 6 Black from Best Buy, and am testing and reviewing it now. Some of my initial impressions are below:
1. The video stabilization does seem to be much improved. It reminds me of the electronic VR in my Nikon D500.
2. It appears the Hero 6 records in H.264 in all the older modes and H.265 for the new modes (4K/60, 1080/240, 2.7K/120). It also seems there is no way to pick the compression type. Although I could be wrong since I just got the thing.
3. Video stabilization is not available when using H.265.
Additionally, I will be posting lots of videos on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nicholaskulick
When live, my unboxing video will be here: https://youtu.be/TBsI6R5KF1Y
Let me know if you all have any questions or things I should test.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-05-2017 10:11 AM
09-28-2017 01:12 PM
Could You be so kind and answer some questions about H6?
1. Can it be turned on by wifi? (Without bluetooth range)
2. Can rear LCD be set to complety off, and camera operated just using font LCD and buttons?
3. What is the shortest screensaver time?
4. Is H6 battery the same as H5?
09-28-2017 01:24 PM
I can help out with that:
1. You can turn the camera on and off without Bluetooth connected.
2. You can not turn the screensaver completely off.
3. The shortest screensaver time is 1 minute.
4. The HERO5 and HERO6 batteries are interchangeable.
09-28-2017 01:33 PM
I can't comprehend why wouldn't they allow to turn LCD off, and shorten screensaver time despite so many users asked for it... For photographer it means each photo turns the screen on for one minute (on H5 it was draining at least 1% of the battery. Meaning You will take less than 100 photos on 1 charge).
Very strange and inconvenient, specially for remote photography.
09-28-2017 06:24 PM
I just got mine too. Have you noticed that the colors (as in, white balance, and obviously not while shooting in ProTune) are quite a bit different from Hero 5 Black? I've only tested it indoors so far in mixed lighting, but I was surprised by both the color and the noise in the picture with low light.