Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black First Impressions

I returned one today because of how pixelated and messy it looked compared to my Hero 5 indoors?  Is that just how it looks?  Its terrible to me and I think I will return this one as well.  I am not happy with that.

Backpacker

must admit I took a picture of a red sunset & was very disappointed with the quality. Look at the road & car, very grainy considering its not that dark. Must admit i couldn't even tell you what settings any of it were on, was purely pick-up & take picture

GOPR0021.JPG
Tourist

I'm also super disappointed. I used to have 3+silver and sold it. I just bought hero 6 and it is horrible in indoors. HEVC is not supported in fcpx, which sucks. That means protune-used and 4k60fps footage can't be read by fcpx to be edited.

The white balance indoor is horrible. It is worse than 90$ action cam i just bought at amazon. I thought gopro was shoot and use the footage, not go fiddle with color grading.

2.7k footage is also so grainy indoors it is unbelievable. 

Unable to change the view from wide to something else for 4k footage very limits usage. Like someone said about using it with drone.

I am not seeing any better point than $90 action cam from amazon.

Tourist

I am having huge problems with grainy and artifact laden mid and low light video situations.  It really upsets me.  I think I might return the second 6 I got today and stick with my 5.

Hiker

I just received a GoPro Hero 6 and have the same issue...just did some indoor tests...unacceptable grain...a thick layer!

I also compared it with my GoPro Hero 3+ (indoor test)...it's a huge difference. The GoPro Hero 3+ almost has no grain, a lot more detail, colors looks better.

What the heck is going on???

GoPro Hero 5 Screenshot:  click

GoPro Hero 6 Screenshot: click

Hiker

@amoergosum wrote:

GoPro Hero 5 Screenshot:  click

Sorry about that typo...it should say GoPro Hero 3+.

Highlighted
edg
GoPro

@noblecreek650@duanem8@albertj5326

Thank you for the feedback, sample image and issue descriptions, they have not gone unnoticed! We are actively working toward resolving this, and look forward to releasing a camera update in the November timeframe to address your concerns.

Sightseer

Yeah, i just got my GoPro 6 - really disappointed with the image quality also