Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 5

Good day:

I have a concern about my Go Pro Hero 5 it was bought last December 2017 in Colours in Island City Mall Tagbilaran City Bohol Philippines. It was 26% when I used it and after a while it turned off. Assuming that the battery is low, I charged it and at first the red light flickered and thereafter the light was gone. I continued to plug the charger for 30mins and after I tried to turn on the switch. It didn’t turn on and the only light I see when I inserted the battery is only in the bottom part. May I ask how could I remedy this problem. 

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5

Hi @graycreek85521

Follow these instructions to get the HERO5 Black to power on again:

1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove the SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
  2. Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
  3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the red LED does not illuminate, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable and/or charging adapter. 
  5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
  6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.

If these steps do not get your camera to turn back on, please let our Support Team assist your further. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5

Hi @graycreek85521

Follow these instructions to get the HERO5 Black to power on again:

1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove the SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
  2. Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
  3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the red LED does not illuminate, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable and/or charging adapter. 
  5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
  6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.

If these steps do not get your camera to turn back on, please let our Support Team assist your further. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej