Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 5 water leak

[ New ]
I got the device 2 years ago and I used to dive it on water even without the wpc but the last time i used it under water the water leaks. I always ensure that it was properly closed and I use it within 1-3 meters deep. I just noticed that it got an error that it was too hot then it shuts down, when I tried to troubleshoot it by removing the battery, I saw water inside.

Is there any way that it could be repaired/replaced? I tried the chat support but I always got an error. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 water leak

[ New ]

Hi @epicstar46615,

This is definitely not an experience that we would like you to have. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black camera is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.  

We want to look at what we can do to extend our help. Let our Support team take a look at what happened. You may reach out to them by phone or chat through HERE.

If you continue to have trouble connecting to our Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "United States, English" on the webpage. The hours of operation will also be posted on the page. 

Kind Regards,

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @epicstar46615,

This is definitely not an experience that we would like you to have. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black camera is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.  

We want to look at what we can do to extend our help. Let our Support team take a look at what happened. You may reach out to them by phone or chat through HERE.

If you continue to have trouble connecting to our Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "United States, English" on the webpage. The hours of operation will also be posted on the page. 

Kind Regards,

Ann

Adventurer

[ New ]

Do  check the  seals see ifhtey have separated from the glue point if they did then you may want to contact gopro and talk to a rep Forum supprt can direct yoyu to their site