Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 takes 11 seconds to turn off

[ Edited ]

Just like the title says: my GoPro hero 5 takes almost 11 seconds to turn off. Even when I don't record anything. My camera is on the latest firmware. I already tried re-installing the latest firmware and a factory reset but nothing helped. Here is a video so you can see what I mean (btw: it's horribly long...)

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 takes 11 seconds to turn off

Hi @fastpeak44420

May I know how do you use it? 

Do you turn it on first then record a video?

Or do you use Quick Capture feature?

Please let us know so that we can check.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

Just like I said in the thread: I didn't record a video (I added a video so you can see what I mean) and I don't use the Quick Capture feature.

GoPro

Hello @fastpeak44420

Thank you for including a video describing the issue. If you have already manually updated the camera firmware and the issue still persists, it would be best to engage our Support team for further assistance. They can be reached through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. When you contact Support, you can direct them to this thread so they can also see what is going on.  Please keep us posted on progress. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi, they told me to re-install the firmware and look if that fixed the problem. I also have issues with my battery so I will also do a battery runtime test. I will keep you updated.

Nomad

Hmm doesn't seem too bad too me, the power off cycle is a delayed button press to stop in being inadvertently done, this probably relates to using the device under pressure (deep water conditions) where the external button may have been triggered by the pressure at depth.

Just done the same on my H7 black and end to end time is about the same.

May I ask why this is causing you an issue?
Adventurer

My Hero 5 and hero 6 quick capture  takes about that ime to turn off  as well mod on  to Mode off.  so if I update my firmware it wil lnot fix what is not  broken if asked,  that is how gopro turns off and saves.

Explorer

Looks normal to me.