Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 5 starts recording when turn on

[ New ]

hello,

my goPro Hero 5 starts recording when turning it on right away. when I try to stop recording (or give command "gopro stop recording) it turns off completly. It also doesn't let me change the mode. 

What can I do?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 starts recording when turn on

[ New ]

Hello, @spirysummi5557. Your camera could be using the QuikCapture feature. Try this: while the camera is powered off, press the Mode (side) button. This will turn on the camera without recording. This will allow you to navigate through preferences and settings. Once you are ready to record, hit the Shutter (top) button and press it again (or use the voice command) to stop recording. Doing this way will not power off the camera. To turn off the camera, press and hold on the side button. 

Learn more about QuikCapture through this article: What is QuikCapture & How Does it Work?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 starts recording when turn on

[ New ]

Hello, @spirysummi5557. Your camera could be using the QuikCapture feature. Try this: while the camera is powered off, press the Mode (side) button. This will turn on the camera without recording. This will allow you to navigate through preferences and settings. Once you are ready to record, hit the Shutter (top) button and press it again (or use the voice command) to stop recording. Doing this way will not power off the camera. To turn off the camera, press and hold on the side button. 

Learn more about QuikCapture through this article: What is QuikCapture & How Does it Work?