Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 5 not turning on

I just got this new GoPro and it does not seem to be turning on. When I plug the device using the usb that it gave me to a 5V-1A and a 5V-2A charging device, the red LED light would show but within 1 second it turns off. I assumed that the device is fully charged but when I press the power button, it would not turn on. When I plug the camera to the outlet and turn it on from there, it turns on, but once I unplug it, it turns off. I have also try charging it using a mac but it produces the same results. Either the camera is not charging or something is wrong with the camera. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 not turning on

Hi @hardydive27173

I am sorry for any troubles caused. Please go over the steps to try and get your camera working:

HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

HERO5 Session Will Not Power On

If the troubleshooting steps will not get your camera to turn on, as this is a recent purchase, you may refer to the same store/channel you got it from to proceed with an exchange.

Alternatively, you may get in touch with our Support Team for assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 not turning on

Hi @hardydive27173

I am sorry for any troubles caused. Please go over the steps to try and get your camera working:

HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

HERO5 Session Will Not Power On

If the troubleshooting steps will not get your camera to turn on, as this is a recent purchase, you may refer to the same store/channel you got it from to proceed with an exchange.

Alternatively, you may get in touch with our Support Team for assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej