Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 5 external microphone?

Currently any microphone I have won't read with my gopro hero 5.

I have tried using different 3.5mm to USB-C cables with my RODE Video Micro and also an Edutige ETM-001. Both of those microphones worked with zero issues on the GoPro Hero 4 silver/black and even my Hero 3+white.

To get a microphone to work will I HAVE to use the PRO 3.5mm cable with that big brick attached to it? 

Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 external microphone?

Have you figured out anything that works? GoPro has been sold out of the adapter forever and I need external audio
Tourist

I have the same problem. I just buy the Hero 5 black and I have a external mic but its not working with any adapter. If any one find a solution plz share it with us. thanks 

Sightseer

Just wanted to +1 this issue as its a deal breaker for me. I have to be able to use an external mic. I don't mind using the official GoPro adapter but need it to be available so that I have that option. Any idea when it will be available? 

Tourist

I've been checking for about a week and they have absolutely no idea. I do moto vlogs and I cant film because of this now, but keep an eye open and hopefully soon.
Tourist

GUYs check it out just looked at the website and it's available again! Hurry while it lasts!
Tourist

[ Edited ]

But the problem is the adapter is bit too huge... just for the ETM-001

Hiker

Still no luck on getting a cable. 

GoPro's PRO AUDIO cable has not been in stock since I first got my Hero 5 Black...I also should add I ordered my camera at midnight the day of it's release.

And my biggest complaint is that I don't want to use a cable with the big brick attached to it. Part of the reason I vlog with a GoPro is how compact everything is and how nice it is to use a small cable for a microphone. 

I am very irritated at GoPro's lack of response or stock on any items for the release of the Hero 5. 

If you don't have all the stuff ready.....don't realease the camera yet. I would rather have waited for it than to get it and be upset it doesn't work.