Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 external microphone?

Snowycave3378 I'm sure someone will come out with a similar cable after they figure out the prong set up, but also look at the fact that the cable now has a charging port for the camera. It's useful some people like me who want to shoot a lot of footage but at the same time of you don't need that it's understandable.
Sightseer

It needs to be that big with USBC because you have to convert analog signal (3.5mm) to digital signal (USB-c) You cant do that in any samller form.

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I just got the 3.5mm pro mic adapter! To be honest, its really quite small and manageable. Its not longer than the palm of your hand. I use the joby action gorillapod to hold my gopro 5, so i just use a velcro strap to wrap around the pod with the adapter and keep it in place. :)

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sightseer

Hey great news !!!

Do you have a sample video to show the improvement?

Thanks!

Hiker

I bought 2 cables exactly like this and they did not work. The onboard microphones were the only things picking up sound. You will know for sure if it works when you go into your menu settings and you now have microphone options. 

Hiker

UPDATE : I have recieved the GoPro Pro Mic Adapter and am not impressed with it. The microphone quality IS fantastic, but the form factor of the adpater is a HUGE setback to me using my GoPro as a daily vlog camera. The brick on the cable is just about as big as the GoPro Hero 5 itself. 

Here is a video review I did https://youtu.be/hgqDGsCDkyc

HOW I MOUNTED THE MICROPHONE : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7l8Va_x4o I am extremely pleased to have my external microphone back and working.....but the cable it require is a bit ridiculous. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SUPPORT ME ON PATREON ...