Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 external microphone?

The cable is not relese yet. the only news the I have is this :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/gopro-pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter-hero5-black-hero5-session

a frind of mine tell me the adapter going to be Available on 11-29-2016

Tourist

@thebigfind any luck buying the adapter? I bought it around 4am and i've been charged for it, but I'm afraid that it'll have been a glitch
Tourist

Yeah I bought it and it should be here tomorrow because I got the overnight shipping. The cable is released I've talk to GoPro support they say it just keeps selling out really fast. @shelbster I bought it a little bit before you but should see an email tomorrow as sales are closed in Sunday's.
Tourist

@cooljump570 the cable is released and people have them already, they are just sold out everywhere and that's a projected date they will have them in by. I check all day and every hour, I happened to wake up last night and they were in stock so I ordered one. Again they are currently sold out.
Tourist

Any News for a Universal connector or other options?

Tourist

Yeah got to buy the adapter when it's in stock, I'll have mine tomorrow
Tourist

Hey guys if interested I did is video to show what the box looks like, share if it was helpful please! It's actually not as inconvenient as some people think. https://youtu.be/1hRb4a4Z3kg
Tourist

Well I agree it's not that big in general but still condering size of the GoPro it's huge compare to the previous versions where the small mic would just pop in and there's pretty much no change in the overall size. 

You are mounting on helmet and everything so it won't make much difference but imagine if you have to hold the camera, adapter and mic altogether.