Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 5 external microphone?

I Just purchased a gopro for motovlogging. They need to work with sena. So they can sync together so you can use the microphone. This will GREATLY improve the cosmetics of the helmet with minimal wiring & opening the gopro door to no longer allow it to be waterproof. Hope to see this happen in the near future & be an update to current gopro.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Speaking of updates to GoPro5, is there any info or even rumors about one that would address the lack of support of direct microphone usage through the USB-c without an adapter?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Sorry @Anonymous. No updates to share.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Mic alone  direct will not happen,  Mic with promic issue never ending story always asking for new files, and never hearing a resolution. seems ther is One person on it only

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for your replies guys...  Am I hearing that there will never be an update to make direct microphone use without an adapter possible, or just that there currently isn't one in the making?

Highlighted
Adventurer

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your replies guys...  Am I hearing that there will never be an update to make direct microphone use without an adapter possible, or just that there currently isn't one in the making?

Never will  on this model we have, Yi technology Nailed it. for the Y4K+

Highlighted
Anonymous

Please excuse my ignorance, but what Y4K+?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ignore that question please. Found out what Y4K+ is...