Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 black and smart remote

I am using San Disk but I've also tried the Lexar. Yeah I have a ref number
Highlighted
Anonymous

GoPro Support confirmed the issue today in a Email. The working on the Problem and it will fixed in a Future Firmware.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just got this afternoon.

Thank you for your email.

We received communication from our Engineering Team regarding this issue. They are still investigating and have not yet found a solution for this issue.

The question you had regarding the Smart Remote's compatibility, is that the product that is considered to be 100% compatible with the new HERO5 Black is the REMO.

While the Smart Remote is compatible, we cannot yet ascertain if it is 100%, we hope an update will become available soon to correct this.

Hope this helps, thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Carolina F.
GoPro Technical Support
gopro.com/help
Highlighted
Anonymous

i'm having the same problem. i would guess it's the camera, not the remote, as i am using some cheesey, third party remote i bought the other day. why not a real one? well, i know for a fact that i already have a real gopro remote somewhere amongst all this crap, so this way, when i find it next week, i'll have only blown $45 instead of $90. such a bummer that it's not working properly. 

in addition to changing to burst mode, every few shots, i have to 'double click' the shutter to get it to fire....less than optimum.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello. thanks for your comments. I am not having these problems your experiencing but I am finding loads of problems with the hero 5 while researching a solution to my own. I have a few GoPro and in a way I am sorry I purchased the hero 5. Great camera and functions etc but very disappointing with the time GoPro are taking to fix this and into the bargain I want to use it. GoPro already have problems and this just heaps more pressure on them
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello there was a firmware update released today. Initial testing would suggest the problems with the hero 5 and the smart remote has been resolved. I will test further this evening and let you know.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for your comment! Updated a feew Second ago and i think the issue is resolved! I will do a lot more Test tomorow
Highlighted
Tourist

I spoke to soon.  The issue is still there. Nothing changed