Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 5 black and smart remote

Me too... After your comment i do. some tests and have the issue again :(
Highlighted
Tourist

Don't know about you but i am really fed up with it. This should all have been tested instead of telling customers there is nothing wrong. I am considering taking mine back for a refund.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello..i just bought the smart remote and have the same problem..when i take a photo it takes burst of 30 photos..i need to push several times the record button to stop..can we update the remote firmware manually?

Sorry for my bad english.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Robert. Apperantly the remote can't be updated. If you find how to do this please pass it on to all involved in the post.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello all. The firmware update that was released at the weekend was apparently never intended to sort out the hero 5 and smart remote issue. The wait continues.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello. Please see below reply and poss temp solution to the smart remote issues.

We have received news from the Engineering Team regarding this issue you have long been having with the Smart Remote and the HERO5 Black.
It is currently a known issue with the Smart Remote itself. The HERO5 Black is compatible with the Smart Remote, but will have some limited functionality. At this time,our apologies about the inconvenience and we will update you as soon as possible.

As a workaround, we were informed that pressing the shutter button with a firmer hold will take a single photo, while a single tap starts the burst photo.

We hope this helps, please let us know if we may be able to assist you with anything else.
Highlighted
Anonymous

First GoPro for me....Same issue... Not very good when it start shooting burst when only one picture was expected.

I find out by pressing the record button directly on the camera will stop the burst processing.

Waiting for a firmware upgrade.

Highlighted
Tourist

I've had many GoPro and never had any problems. The problem this time around isn't actually the hero5 it's the smart remote. There is no planned upgrade at this stage so looks like we these problems are going to be around for a while to come.