Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 5 black and smart remote

Anyone got problems with the hero 5 black when  connected to the smart remote?? My hero 5 works fine for the first couple of pictures and then goes into what I can only describe as like a burst mode. The only way to stop this it to remove the battery from he camera. I am running the latest software , I've had a replacement smart remote and Hero 5 black and still the same problems. GoPro hasn't a clue what's wrong as this is the first time they have come across this. Apparently. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 5 black and smart remote

Me too... After your comment i do. some tests and have the issue again :(

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank You so much for your Posting! I habe exact the Same Problem and i have found nothing about it in web! I think i am the only one. In have a Hero 5 Black Firmware 1.55 and the Smart Remote with 3 Buttons. After some pictures it bursts many pictures till i hit the red button multiple Times or take off the Remote. With the Wifi Remote no Problems.
Highlighted
Tourist

I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. i have an open case at the moment with GoPro as they claim they haven't come across this before. I took back the go pro and smart remote for an exchange and still the same problem. GoPro tried and tested a hero 5 black with a smart remote. And guess what. No problems at all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have writen an Email yesterday to the GoPro Support. I hope it is an firmwarebug and they find a solution... please let me know if You hear anything!
Highlighted
Tourist

Will do. You keep me updated if you find out before me. Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Support told me today that i musst try to reinstall the Firmware... i Test it Out but i don't think that is the Solution
Highlighted
Tourist

Hahahaha. I was advised to update manually even tho it was running the latest software. It didn't make any difference to my problem. Very bad this problem for GoPro especially when the Karma was a flop. Also very frustrating for us customer. Thanks for the update. Keep me posted and I will do the same.
Highlighted
Anonymous

After Updating the Firmware still the same issue. :( which sd card are you using? I have a Lexar...

Do you have a number from your support call?