Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 5 black and smart remote

Did this ever get resolved.  It's happening to mine now too and customer service wasn't very helpful.  Think

Highlighted
Tourist

I would like to tell you it's been sorted but I can't. Still on going. GoPro customer service are useless. They dont even bother to reply now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yikes!  Looks like I am returning the smart remote.  Customer service told me to take a video of me using the remote and email it to GoPro.  They would send me an address to email it to, that never came.  Pretty bad service. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I've done all that several times. I've been complaining since the hero 5 was launched in December. Two weeks ago they offered me a free clamp as a good will gesture. I accepted and never heard back from them. Next time I am avoiding GoPro. Had enough of them. Good luck with them because your going to need it
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue with GoPro Hero 5 Black and smart remote (ARMTE-002). The cam has the latest fw. As based on the comments it seems that this issue is ongoing for months now, I'll send back the remote...

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello. I've had the problem since the GoPro back was launched and had never worked correctly. GoPro hasn't been much help either just paying it along the line for some else to pick it up. 7 months later and still no fix.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am recently bought Smart Remote for my newly bought HERO5 Black, not know there issue with this remote.

Now what should I do of this remote...I bought from Dubai, and now I am located in Mumbai (India).

Highlighted
Tourist

There has been a problem since the launch of the Hero 5 and GoPro have done nothing about it even thou they know there is a fault with the hero 5 and the smart remote. Take it back and demand a refund and contact GoPro to let them know.