Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 Session external MIC sound fade to nothing

Hi, I try to set the Hero 5 session for let my son make some scooter vlog. We got the GoPro USBC->Mic adapter and a small mic. On my motrocycle Helmet with the mic installed inside, I can hear the voice correctly, but when I got lot of wind, my voice start te be hachured but still audible.

When my son go on the road with is helmet and get some wind (50-90 km/h) the mic sound start to face until we can't hear nothing. No wind noise, no voice, just nothing. I can see that where the MIC is installed inside hemlet, the mic is more exposed to the wind. I will try to block this more but what the recorded mic sound fade to nothing??

I see that the Hero 5 Black have some setting to fin auto-reduction, but nothing like that on the Hero 5 Session .

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Session external MIC sound fade to nothing

how exactly are you recording/

presing the shutter first and allowing quick capture to start the camera. or Pressing the Back mode button first to turn the camera on ?

Highlighted
Tourist

My son press the shutter when he is already on the road and in the wind to take a sequence thern he stop and start it again later. 

I do a test yesterday and for my part I strat the video with the shutter inside my house, then go on the road  without toutching it anymore. The sound was best, but I was thinking that is because my hemlet is more closed and protected again wind.

Highlighted
Tourist

Bump