Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 Hero Black Low Battery Error.

So after recording (I'm running the latest version of the firmware, and i just recently formatted my SD card Sandisk Extreme 64GB). I replaced the original GoPro Hero 5 battery with a stock battery and also Wasabi Rechargable batteries). After recording for 5+ minutes or really anytime, after I turn the camera off and back on, it'll read Low Battery 0%. Then I have to turn it off and back on and it would read the correct battery reading of around 90% or so. I've formatted the camera and also the SD card. Any idea why this is happening? 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Hero Black Low Battery Error.

could be software glitch, not all have that. but we all have different issues and not all have the same.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Hero Black Low Battery Error.

So I bought a Lexar 633x 64GB, same thing. I have come to the conclusion that this only happens after I have saved data on the SD card and the camera is turned off. After turning it back on, this is when I get the low battery error. I've tried Wasabi Batteries and also GoPro official batteries. I've done multiple resets. Let the batteries charge to 100% and still same thing. It's only after saving to the SD card and the camera is turned off it'll show the low battery error, but will continue recording.