Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 Firmware 2.0 Issue

Hi,

Just a heads up for everyone who haven't updated to firmware 2.0 and is using an external microphone with GoPro adapter.

When recording a movie using the Quick Record mode (tapping record button when camera is turned off), the GoPro is not recording sound from an external microphone. I lost a whole day of shooting because of no sound.

Workaround:

If you turn the camera on first and then press the record button, the sounds is recorded.

Other issues with 2.0:

- When swiping into playback mode after taking timelapse photos, the camera freezes.

- Sometimes the GoPro freezes for no reason, and can only be turned on by pulling the battery.

- Sometimes the GoPro doesn't turn on, the battery pull fixes that too.

For the time being I'll be downgrading to 1.57

Cheers everyone.

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Firmware 2.0 Issue

kind of same issue too, screen freezes after recording a video at a saving black screen, can't solve it uness taking out the battery, hope ths gets solved fast. hope somebody could help to solve it

Tourist

I found the same issue. Apparently turning off the wifi connection on the gopro solves it.
Adventurer

external mic and all firmwares. so its not fw .20   rephrain till furthernotice using a non-powered mic till new firmware comes out.