Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 5 External Mic

I'm looking at getting an external microphone for my hero 5 black but I need to use multiple mic's either wired or wireless; does anyone know of a possible set up I could use?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 5 External Mic

As fishycomics posted, the HERO5 Black uses a mic adapter to connect external mics. You can find it here: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

To connect multiple mics, you would need to find a mixing board that can connect that various mics and input into the camera.

As an alternative, what I've done in the past is recorded each mic separately and then mixed each audio track separately while editing the final video. You just need to synchronize the audio (clapping hands at the start of the recording is a good method). Recording each input separately will give you more control on the levels you can set for each track.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Gorp makes apromic, it has a 3.5mm port, what you do with the port  is up to you , good luck.

GoPro Community Manager

As fishycomics posted, the HERO5 Black uses a mic adapter to connect external mics. You can find it here: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

To connect multiple mics, you would need to find a mixing board that can connect that various mics and input into the camera.

As an alternative, what I've done in the past is recorded each mic separately and then mixed each audio track separately while editing the final video. You just need to synchronize the audio (clapping hands at the start of the recording is a good method). Recording each input separately will give you more control on the levels you can set for each track.

Jeff