Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 Black - recommended video/image settings for non post editing shoots

Hi

I found it very time consuming post editing videos and images taken from my GoPro 5 hero black and I'm looking for the best settings for NON post edits.

I would like to have the minumum hassle with taking photos and videos (I can still manually configure 1-2 settings to adapt to the shotting conditions but that's about it)

I'm Currently using:

Video:

1 - 2.7k 30 fps

2 - ProTune on

3 - color GoPro

4 - WB auto

5 - ISO 400

6 - Shutter auto

7 - EV 0

8 - sharp medium

9 - audio off

Image:

1 - Color GoPro

2 - WB auto

3 - ISO min 100

4 - ISO max 400
5 - Shutter auto

6 - Ev 0

7 - Sharp medium

8 - 12MP

9 - WIDE

What do you think about the settings I'm currently using?

What would you change and why to get stunning shottings out of the box?

Thanks

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black - recommended video/image settings for non post editing shoots

VIdeo ISO min 400  what is the Max?  Brighter days ISO Min lower, I keep ISO min 100 Max 400, as the day light  varies so should that

Photo excellent.

Just remember you  introducing Noise  the higher the ISO.  What you can do is  take a photo  and see what hte Meta file looks like and get ideas of the settings.  

otherwise   excellent

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black - recommended video/image settings for non post editing shoots

iso 400 is max for video.

Anything else I missed? what do you configure manually depending on the situation?