Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 5 Black not turning on

[ New ]

Dear GoPro,

While on vacation, my GoPro Hero 5 Black just stopped working when I went to go pick it up on the charger one morning.  I have tried removing the SD card, and charge it but the lights do not come on anymore.  Do you have any other suggestions to help get my GoPro turned on again?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black not turning on

[ New ]

Hi @royalwater46066,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able capture your vacation moments using your HERO 5 Black camera as it didn't turn on at all. There are two things we need to check; one is if it's has a bad battery, to test this please charge the camera without the battery attached, see if the camera will turn on, if it turns on, you just need to replace the battery. If not, we have a problem with the camera itself, please contact GoPro Customer Support for further assistance.

All the best,

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black not turning on

[ New ]

Hi @royalwater46066,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able capture your vacation moments using your HERO 5 Black camera as it didn't turn on at all. There are two things we need to check; one is if it's has a bad battery, to test this please charge the camera without the battery attached, see if the camera will turn on, if it turns on, you just need to replace the battery. If not, we have a problem with the camera itself, please contact GoPro Customer Support for further assistance.

All the best,