Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black Turning On By Itself

[ New ]
Great help. I was going insane why it was turning on.
Anonymous

[ New ]
Just for this forum, in relation to @Anonymous problem. Make sure you have turned off your Bluetooth as well. I had the same issue with my Hero Session 5 where I disconnected the wifi but the Bluetooth was still on. Once I turned the Bluetooth off and switched the wifi it stayed off.
Anonymous

[ New ]

You have to unpair the bluetooth on your phone/hero 5.

Desinstall Capture app and reinstall it, when capture ask you to pair your phone, say no.

That's the only solution.

You can test it, when you turn off the bluetooth on your phone, the hero 5 will never turn on again.

Anonymous

[ New ]
@jefft omg thanks! This solved the issue with momee turning on by itself everytime i turned it off.
Sightseer

[ New ]
What's been done to resolve this? I'm still having issues with Garmin connect app turning my Gopro on.
Anonymous

[ New ]
+1
Anonymous

[ New ]

@robbyj630 wrote:
What's been done to resolve this? I'm still having issues with Garmin connect app turning my Gopro on.

I just turn off wireless conectivity uder "Connect".

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanksgizmo675 - your solution worked.  Shouldn't be needed, and presumably there is some reason why Capture wants a bluetooth connection, but solves the issues of the camera switching itself on the whole time.