Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 5 Black - LCD screen shows image, but unable to use touchscreen

Hi, LCD screen shows image, but unable to use touchscreen. I have updated, but still have the same issue. Please assist

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black - LCD screen shows image, but unable to use touchscreen

Did you remove the plastic film covering the touch screen?

Also make sure you are turning on the camera using the power button on the side of the camera (also known as the mode button) and not the button on the top of the camera (also known as the shutter button).  If you use the button on the top of the camera, this will activate Quick Capture mode.  This will start the camera recording immediatly but you won't be able to to use the touch screen.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @irishmanpdx

I’ve had the GoPro for a number of years, so no plastic film.

I’ve tried your suggestion, still doesn’t allow me to use the touch screen feature. I scroll from the edges onwards and nothing

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @charlg10. I'd like to gather a few more details to help isolate the issue. Could you please share with us a photo or video recording showing the issue with your HERO5 Black camera? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Tourist

Have a look at the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aMJ8GSRG2o6zZnMH8

Highlighted
GoPro

@charlg10, thanks for posting back with the video. Please contact our Support Team and let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken. They'll be able to assist you further in the next process. Kindly share with them the link to your sample footage as well. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your help, i will have a chat to them and see if they can assist.