Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 4 black with no ability to connect to the app and is unrecognised on Quik and studio.

There's this link as my attempt to go to the wifi toggle in setup and showing everything I see on mygpro.

It's (supposedly) a secondhand Refurb unit

Inside the camera there's also not a serial number. I've got an FCC ID, IC, and Reg #. I've got the serial number from the bottom of the box. But manually updating doesn't work either. It put the extracted UPDATE folder into the SD Card turn the camera on and... nothing.

I can change none of the actual photo or video settings for the camera (can change date and time, bleeps, auto off, reset and format, and exit.) Quik PC software doesn't recognise the camera at all.

I have no idea why this is happening at all. I appreciate any help that can be given

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 4 black with no ability to connect to the app and is unrecognised on Quik and studio.

@viltrref - That's an unusual interface you have showing on the camera. It doesn't look like it's running our firmware. Combined with no serial number inside the battery compartment, and I think you may have a counterfeit GoPro.

Where did you get it from? Is it possible to return it?

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 4 black with no ability to connect to the app and is unrecognised on Quik and studio.

I have exactly the same issue

Highlighted
Sightseer

I bought mine on Ebay and have the *exact* same problem! Aw man I bet we got fake ones :(