Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 4 Silver not recording sound

HELP! This issue just recently started. I can record a video just fine, when i go to play back there is no audio with the video. I have tried to play it on a mac and it doesnt have sound there either. I am using a SanDisk Extreme plus 64GB Microsdxc v30?? (Not sure what all that means, but it was everything on the SD card.) I have downloaded the update from GoPro, Reset the camera, deleted everything and formatted the camera. Nothing is working, I dont know what happened. If anyone can help that would be great!

Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 4 Silver not recording sound

What program are you using to play back the video? Upload a video to YouTube (without any edits) and see if you still have the issue. If it is the same when viewed from YouTube, there is probably an issue with your camera. Contact the GoPro Support Team to find out what your options are.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Tourist

I was playing the video on the GoPro and had no sound, I uploaded it to imovie and still had no sound. I will try to youtube.

GoPro

Hi @thomaso1015,

We'll wait for it. 

Also have you tried installing a new firmware update on your camera?

Regards,

-Jay