06-29-2018 06:54 AM - edited 06-29-2018 06:57 AM
Yesterday I charged my GoPro as usual and after 2 hours, it was very very hot.
Now here it the situation :
- the camera does not work any more
- as soon as I connect the USB cable to the camera, it becomes immediately very hot, even if the battery and SD card are not in the camera
- when I connect the USB cable to the camera without the battery and SD card, the Hero 4 text appears one time and disappear on the front screen
- if the battery is in the camera, it also becomes quickly very hot
- I’ve already followed and tested the following instructions without any success: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-hero-6-overheating-and-not-turning-on/m-p/68336/highlig...
As my GoPro was a gift for my birthday, I do not have any warranty but I almost never used this camera (at all, I’ve recorded less than 10 hours with it)! Reading all the stories about my problem (https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Hero-5-Black-Overheating-and-Not-turning-on/td-p/46917), this issue seems to be well known, even on the latest products.
I would appreciate a reparation. Otherwise my confidence in GoPro is lost. I could not buy the latest model after reading that this issue is still here and frequent among users.
06-29-2018 10:36 AM