Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 4 Silver Freezing and No Picture Showing

Hi There,

I have recently charged up my Hero 4 Silver after not using it for 6 or so months (I got a HERO 5, so I used that instead, however I would like to use both at the same time now). 

When I turn my GoPro on, it shows no picture from the actual camera, and after a few seconds it freezes completely. It allows no use of the buttons except powering on and unlocking the LCD screen. Information regarding mode etc is displayed on the LCD so I know that the LCD still works. 

I have read through mulitple other solutions that people have posted, but none of them work. I have also tried to contact GoPro support for the past 2 weeks but I always get a message saying "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later." This is very frustrating because I now have a $400 gadget that is useless. 

I have tried formatting my SD cards on my computer, and then doing a manual update but the GoPro does not register the update. 

I have a SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDXC as recommended by GoPro, I also have 2 other SanDisk Extremes and SanDisk Ultras that came with my GoPro Camera. 

Alternatively I have used an SD card that works in my friends GoPro Hero 4 Silver and it does not work in mine. 

With or without the SD card in it, the GoPro freezes, not allowing access to any of the menus, so I cannot factory reset the camera. 

I also cannot turn the WIFI on the camera on and thus cannot connect to it from my phone to update it. 

This is very frustrating as my camera was working 6 months ago without any problems.

Any solutions or means of contacting GoPro? As their customer support has been attrocious.