07-18-2018 11:49 PM
I haven't used my GoPro in a couple of years. I just took it out, updated the firmware to v5.0 and downloaded the app onto my Google Pixel 2 XL. When I tried to pair the GoPro with the App, I kept running into an issue. I go through the same steps on the app telling me to turn on the camera's wireless setting and select Pair. I then hit continue on my app until it says "Select GoPro App and tap CONTINUE below to enter PIN." This is where to issue happens. My camera shows a 4 digit Pin but my app doesn't allow me to enter the pin itself. When I hit continue, it goes through a "Searching" session and then I get a pop up that says "Please enter the password for GP2793815. If your camera is new or you reset it, the app can connect using the default password."
Since I don't have an actual password, the only thing I could do was enter the default password. After Googling online for a while, the only answer that came up was "goprohero". I enter that into the password section and hit continue and a RED ERROR message pops up saying "Your camera name must be at least 1 character. Your camera password cannot be "goprohero" can contain letters, numbers, or only these special characters: _-
I'm stuck at this spot because I cannot enter the Pin nor enter a default password. I've spent over an hour trying to figure this out by reading forums and etc but nothing has worked for me so far.
Please help me out!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-20-2018 04:16 PM
07-19-2018 06:17 PM
Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.
It looks like a Wi-Fi reset needs to be done. **Before resetting, Kindly try this: while the camera is on pairing mode, forget the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID on the phone's settings.
Once done, reset the camera's Wi-Fi information:
- With the camera ON, press and hold the Settings button (on the side) for 2 seconds until the Wi-Fi Mode options appear.
- While still holding the side button, press and release the Power/Mode button (front).
- Select Reset in the 'Reset Wi-Fi Settings' option.
- Turn the camera ON.
- Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Set Up” appears on the screen.
- Select the red shutter button on top of the camera.
- Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Reset Cam” is highlighted.
- Press the mode button to select “Reset Wi-Fi”
- Press the shutter button to select
- Press the mode button to select “Reset”
- Press the shutter button
Once completed, proceed with the pairing process again.
Let us know how it goes.
07-19-2018 08:27 PM
Thank you for going through the steps. After resetting the camera, and being asked of the password, try to put in goprohero which is the default password.
See also if the additional troubleshooting steps detailed in this article will help resolve the issue. Let us know how it works out.
07-20-2018 04:16 PM