Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 3+ water damage

Hello, I have a had my Hero Black 3 + for some years now. It has been using for diving and other water sports on many occasions, as well as on trips on dry land, including on my cycle helmet. It has been bullet proof, has never let me down and has over the years produced great results. Yesterday, I went for a swim at my local beach. For a split second the camera was at water level, not even fully submerged, when I noticed water had got into the dive housing. I immediately removed it from its diving housing, removed the battery and the rubber flap that covers the sockets and tried to dry it out. The housing appears to be fine. It has no cracks and the seal also appears undamaged and supple. I cannot explain how water seaped in. At home, I have left it to dry naturally on the window sill, I have used a gentle hairdryer blowing warm air on to it, I have recharged the batteries in the vain hope that it might spring into life but....sadly no. With a fully charged battery, a little light did appear on the base, someteimes it's blue, sometimes red. Having pressed the on/off button, on one occasion I had a beeping sound but only once. The camera has never been wet before and given how little water got in, I am disppointed it wasn't able to withstand that. Is there any hope or am I resigned to it being a right off?

Kind regards,

Patrick

IMG_4547.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 3+ water damage

Hi @nikonitis

Let our Support team take a look at what happened and provide you with possible options.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 
Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 3+ water damage

Many thanks Ej. I had a chat with one of your colleagues today. She said I could expext a reply by the end of today. Not heard anything yet.

Kind regards,

patrick