Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 3 Black won't update from 3.00 to 3.03

Hi all,

I've tried several time now, but I can not get my Hero 3 Black to update from the current 3.00 to 3.03. I've followed the instructions:

Download the update.

Format the SD Card (16GB Sandisk Ultra)

Extract files from update.zip

Copy files to root directory of SD card.

Insert card.

Power on camera.

The camera boots up and runs through the update procedure, slowly progressing to 100% the powers off. When I turn on the camera it remains on 3.00. This is SOOOO frustrating, I've wasted hours on this. I've also tried copying the update file to an UPDATE (all caps) folder on the SD card. Again it runs throug the update procedure but after the final reboot, it remains at 3.00.

The update.zip file contains the following fies:

WF3.03-app.bin

update.cmd

HD3.03-firmware.bin

Contents of update.cmd are:

# Camera upgrade rules file
OPTIONS:10

# Load sequence
CAMERA:1
CAMERA:1
WIFIAPP:1

If someone can help I would be eternaly greatful!

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 3 Black won't update from 3.00 to 3.03

@sportos70 - The HERO3 cameras can be a little different in how the updates are done. After you've unzipped the file, move the entire Update folder onto the SD card. You can also move the contents of the Update folder separately onto that main level of the SD card. Then, reinsert the SD card into the GoPro and start the update process.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 3 Black won't update from 3.00 to 3.03

@sportos70 - The HERO3 cameras can be a little different in how the updates are done. After you've unzipped the file, move the entire Update folder onto the SD card. You can also move the contents of the Update folder separately onto that main level of the SD card. Then, reinsert the SD card into the GoPro and start the update process.

Jeff