Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro HERO9 / HERO 9 - Join Clips / Chapters - Retain GPS / GYRO Data

[ New ]

Anyone able to join files from a GoPro 9 and retain all data without having to compress? Thanks.

Hiker

Re: GoPro HERO9 / HERO 9 - Join Clips / Chapters - Retain GPS / GYRO Data

[ New ]

Hi, I tried several ways including telemetry extractor + manual fusion of the gpx files + Virb Edit but nothing's working. I also contacted the gopro support but they have no solution to keep the gps data and merge the videos as one. Does anyone succeeded in the gopro community ?

Nomad

[ New ]

https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/chapters/

Scroll down to "Optional: Joining Chapters After Capture". I have lab firmware and tested it with 12GB chapters, but it should work with regular 4GB chapters too (and regardless the firmware type).

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

Thank you for the tip but how to install ffmpeg? There is no exe available in www.ffmpeg.org but data and libraries. I made a quick search and didn't found out any executable for windows. Any idea?

Nomad

[ New ]

@voltahelicopter wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the tip but how to install ffmpeg? There is no exe available in www.ffmpeg.org but data and libraries. I made a quick search and didn't found out any executable for windows. Any idea?

Well, there are executables available for download there actually. Select Download on the left side and you will be redirected to, gess what, download page Smiley Tongue There are Windows, Linux and macOS downloads available under Get packages & executable files on that page. Hoover over Windows logo, you will see two links below uncovered, click any of the two it. It will open another page with a bunch of archive files available to download. Select one only: ffmpeg-git-full.7z or ffmpeg-N-XXXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYYYYYYYY-win64-gpl-shared.zip, depending on the link you clicked (XXXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYYYYYYYY part will be different on each build).

Those file are archives containing all required files, but neither is a Windows installer file (ffmpeg does not require installation). Just unpack it to your drive and you will find executables in the bin folder.

Hiker

[ New ]

Indeed it works fine, thank you again !