Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro HERO8BLACK dashboard not available; update "Released Invalid Date"; "Could Not Complete Updat

The HERO8BLACK I'm using is having some issues, or else it's user error. I'm trying to put it into time lapse mode, which I saw some forums on here said to use by changing a setting. Every manual starts with 1. slide down to open the dashboard. I can't even do that. I downloaded GoPro Quik, hoping that an update would rectify my GoPro, but the software said it could not complete the update. I AM able to get the sim card out and move over videos and pictures from the GoPro. Can someone please help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro HERO8BLACK dashboard not available; update "Released Invalid Date"; "Could

@forestd0860 wrote:

The HERO8BLACK I'm using is having some issues, or else it's user error. I'm trying to put it into time lapse mode, which I saw some forums on here said to use by changing a setting. Every manual starts with 1. slide down to open the dashboard. I can't even do that. I downloaded GoPro Quik, hoping that an update would rectify my GoPro, but the software said it could not complete the update. I AM able to get the sim card out and move over videos and pictures from the GoPro. Can someone please help?

If you are unable to update your firmware via Quik, you can update it manually.  Follow the instructions at:

https://gopro.com/en/us/support/product-update/register-camera

and manually update your firmware.  (I've always used this route because I ALWAYS have problem updating firmware through the app.  Also, the app set up don't work if you are simply trying to reflash the firmware.  

A lot of this stuff don't work without the latest firmware, which is 1.5 if I remember right.  

btw .... it's an SD card, not a SIM card.  Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro HERO8BLACK dashboard not available; update "Released Invalid Date"; "Could

@forestd0860 wrote:

If you are unable to update your firmware via Quik, you can update it manually.  Follow the instructions at:

https://gopro.com/en/us/support/product-update/register-camera

and manually update your firmware.  (I've always used this route because I ALWAYS have problem updating firmware through the app.  Also, the app set up don't work if you are simply trying to reflash the firmware.  

A lot of this stuff don't work without the latest firmware, which is 1.5 if I remember right.  

btw .... it's an SD card, not a SIM card.  Smiley Very Happy