Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro HERO7 Black not connecting to Quik on Windows 10

Am I right in thinking formatting the SD card will delete everything on it?

Highlighted
Tourist

Pour moi le formatage de la carte n’a rien changé ça ne fonctionne toujours pas...
Highlighted
Sightseer

I bought this camera a month ago.  I have many cards with very important footage on them.  I cannot get the software to install on any computer.  I cannot get any computer to recognize the card.  I bought a 1600 dollar computer yesterday.  I updated everything, used the PC to update the gopro; nothing works.  PC devices recognizes the Hero 7 Black, Quick does not, File explorer does not.

Did I make a major mistake by using a gopro hero 7 black?

I thought this was a trusted brand.  I need this footage now.  Can someone please answer this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @activestor70484. Which SD card are you using? Is it one of the recommended cards? Also, see if your computer will recognize your GoPro media through these programs

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've fixed the problem. All you have to do is go to Task Manager. Next, you will have to select Portable Devices and then uninstall MTP device. Once you reconnect the GoPro to the USB it will be recognized correctly and show up in Quik.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey, can you please explain step by step what you did in the task manager? I tried what you do it but i didnt find "portable devices" in task manager?Where should i look for it?

Highlighted
Tourist

Bring up the 'Device Manager', use windows search to find it, scroll down to 'Portable Devices' and expand, you should now see 'Hero 7 Black', right click and select 'Uninstall Device'.  Diconnect and reconnect the GoPro and the device driver will be installed and Quik should come up showing the camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you, it fixed the same problem i had