Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro HERO7 Black not connecting to Quik on Windows 10

I have 2 GoPro HERO7 Blacks, both use SanDisk SD cards. I have formatted both in the preferences menu on the cameras themselves. When I plug in the first GoPro into the computer with a GoPro brand USB cable it will pull up the Quik application and show the camera. When I plug in the second GoPro into the computer with the same GoPro USB cable it won't pull up Quik but the computer will recognize a device is plugged in. I will manually open Quik and the camera isn't showing in the application. Any ideas? Both cameras have been used only a couple times, I charge the batteries regularly then they mostly sit in a case. Not sure why I should be having issues on cameras that have barely been touched.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro HERO7 Black not connecting to Quik on Windows 10

I am having this exact same problem.

Windows has it labelled as an MTP USB device, but under properties it is labelled as GoPro Hero 7 Black so I dont understand why Quik isnt seeing the camera. It worked fine before. I am using the GoPro cable and the correct USB port like I always have.

Both Quik and the GoPro are up to date. Its driving me nuts because I have pictures and videos and cant do anything with them except get windows to download them. I cant seem to find a fix for this anywhere.

Highlighted
Tourist

Bonsoir, je n'ai malheureusement pas la solution à votre probléme mais j'ai a priori exactement le même.

Ma caméra se connecte sans probléme à Quick sur un vieux PC et impossible de la connecter à Quick avec un PC GAMER qui est neuf, acheté il y a trois jours pour faire du montage vidéo.

J'ai tout essayé, formater le PC, désisnstaller les pilotes usb, mis à jour tout ce que je pouvais (windows et autre), mis à jour manuellement le logiciel de la caméra, changer d'usb (cable caméra et prise PC), rien n'y fait. Quand la caméra est connectée (mais invisible dans quick), sur la caméra, j'ai bien le symbole usb dans sur le LCD avant et "usb connecté" sur l'écran arriere . Je vois la caméra "HERO7" dans les "paramétres" windows onglet "appareils bluetooth et autre/autres appareils" mais rien n'y fait Quick ne s'ouvre pas et si je l'ouvre manuellement la caméra reste invisible.

Par contre si je mets la carte SD dans un adaptateur et que je la branche directement au PC tout se passe nominalement (ouverture auto Quick et les medias visibles, la carte est dénomé HERO7 Black). Les symptomes sont identique pour vous?

J'ai tchaté avec le SAV cet apm, il me disent de me servir d'un adaptateur SD vu que ça marche comme ça... super......

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yeah this is the same for me. Annoyingly though it worked before on this PC so I dont understand why its now not. Its annoying as well because everythign seems to be correct, its just Quik that isnt seeing the camera. My PC still sees it as GoPro Hero Black 7 in the properties of the MTP USB device so im pretty stumped now. I havent tried the SD card because I need to get an adaptor so it fits in my PC.

Highlighted
Tourist

ok j'espere que quelqu'un pourra nous aider car j'ai l'impression que pas mal de personnes on le même probléme mais je n'ai trouvé aucune solution sur le net

Highlighted
Sightseer

When I plug the first one in it’ll recognize it and open Quik and it’ll notify me as well in the bottom right corner that it’s plugged in and asks what to do with it. When I plug the second one in it won’t give any notifications, only place that I’ll find it is when I go into the folder for the GoPro itself.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue here. Seems to have happened right after the latest Windows 10 update.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Was able to get it working again after formatting the micro SD card using the GoPro. After doing that and reconnecting to the PC it showed up as a Hero Black 7 and also inside GoPro Quik.