Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro HERO5 - Can I turn off the LCD Screen ?

[ Edited ]

I found a way to totaly turn off the screen by using an app.

It is original for the older Gopro's but a few things still work on the hero 5.

There you can turn off the screen and it won't go on when starting recording.

I did not dare to turn off the wifi, because there is no option to start the wifi on the camera without the screen lol Man Embarassed 

CamControl for GoPro 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chernowii.hero4&rdid=com.chernowii.hero4

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well im sure you guys can fix this fast, this is a critical flaw in the firmware in my oppinion, give us an easy way to lock the display always off!.... please...... and be snappy about it before you forget you ever made the 5 and leave is in the lurch.... please
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can I stop the back screen from Goin black or dull after one min would really like to record nice an bright to see what I'm doin on screen pls someone help me with this. Would like back screen not to go black or dull after 1min but to stay bright.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Prefrences > Screensaver > 1min, 2 min, 3min, NEVER

Its in the manual, read it? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Heh, reading manual will not fix the issue of LCD going darker after 1 minute, making it useless for diving. It becomes too dark to see. Some people are having problem with it, and after months from reporting - nothing is fixed. Just like with other issues.
Cheers!
Highlighted
Anonymous

They don't listen to their customers.

Even if you email customer support with a problem, you just get a generic response telling you to update the firmware etc.

Highlighted
Hiker

So you are saying that even though you are setting the screensaver to never turn off, it goes off after 1 minute? 

Highlighted
Hiker

No. Not off, but LCD is lowering brightness from 100% to lower level, for power saving, making it to dark to be visible underwater.