Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro HERO5 - Can I turn off the LCD Screen ?

One more voice to have the possibility to use the Hero5 without the LCD screen (like the Session). 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I desperately need the option of turning off lcd screen. It drai s out battery very quickly.
Highlighted
Hiker

Agree it would be a good idea to be ablte to turn off the screen, however I'm quite impressed with the battery. 
I did a test while out driving, 1080/30, Protune on, Gps on, gave me 1:43 minutes recording and then had 6% battery left.
I used the screen at least 20 times with 1 min turn off =20 minutes screen on. Screen was set to 60% 
I now have the screen set to 30% as it is still bright enough. 

Highlighted
Nomad

COnsidering how short the battery lasts I feel this is a needed option.

Highlighted
Hiker

In my opinion it would absolutely need switch "off lcd" option even if battery life was great. Just because it will be always way better without LCD on. It matters alot when You install the camera out of reach, and replacing the batteries is much more problematic than on a picnic. There is just no reason to not have this option, and many reasons that it's essential.
Cheers!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Absolutlely! i just want to use the screen to preview what im going to record but after that better it its off and all the battery goes to recording. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Sorry guys but GoPro is too busy fixing their stuffs with the Karma. Don't expect this option to be added any time soon.
Highlighted
Hiker

Best idea is to send in Idea Submission here https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Not sure how they would implement a "allway off" scence. I imagine a turn off after 5 or 10 sec would be a start insead of 1 minute.