Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro HERO5 - Can I turn off the LCD Screen ?

+1 Waiting for that option too!!

The Hero5 Black should be completely usable with front LCD screen only, like the Hero4 Silver 

Highlighted
Tourist

Its been a year since this post...comon gopro, we need this update.

Highlighted
Hiker

Being able to change all the camera settings using only the front screen  (like in Hero4 Silver, and with LCD screed turned off) would be great for battery saving. Also it's important as Hero5 has more functions like EIS and GPS which consumes more power, and it's not able to connect a battery bacpac under water. I hope they add this function soon.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

I have the same problem...
I can't really understand...
How can someone (Nick Woodman) claims that this camera was essentially made for surfers, has this basic problem not solved yet??
Such a disappointment...

Can anyone tell me if the Dive Housing solves the problem?

Best Regards

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, this option is badly needed. Just purchased the Go Pro 5, very happy with it, but it puzzles me why this has not been made available since it is being widely requested by the community for well over a year.
Starting to wonder there might be some hardware constraint, because if it were software only, it sounds like a no brainer must-have.
Pretty please, GoPro Support! :)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Should add option that turns off screen with something like a voice command, double tap, or swipe.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I swim out thinking I'm shooting burst but it changes in the water without my knowing. Sucks. Bad
Highlighted
Sightseer

Joining the thread since I've also noticed problems when swimming, the settings are being changed without me touching nothing. Even with the screen locked...