Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro HERO5 - Can I turn off the LCD Screen ?

How to implement it? Easiest thing ever - just add one simple option in menu, so it can be used like regular, older GoPro - using front LCD and hardware buttons. Actually it's all mostly there. It looks like someone just forgot about one menu option.
LCD screensaver is the other thing - would be nice to have more delay options as well.

Sightseer

Message sent here: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

If we want this option, we have to make this thread bigger and send every week a message to Gopro... This is crazy for an outdoor cam to have no way to save the battery !

Hiker

Agree, I have  in a suggestion. 

Anonymous

seriously? I paid 400 bucks just to see my screen continuously????? wtf gopro? how come you forgot such an important feature?

Hiker

When did 1 minute become continuously ?

Highlighted
Hiker

When You take one photo each minute for example.
Sightseer

I'd really love to be able to turn off the screen as well, it eats battery like crazy. Thanks.

Anonymous

Not only the display on drains the battery: using the cam by night to take pictures in a wildlife environment, I have to cover the display to avoid it lights on every time I shot. Please add a "display always off" option asap. Thanks