Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro HERO5 Black unable to transfer data to Mac via USB

I am new to GoPro (I bought my camera on June 29th, 2017) and I love it so much but I'm having so many problems while transferring data from the camera to the computer.

First issue:

• cable connection: I changed 3 cables (the original one included) but I cannot connect to my computer (MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)). Precisely, I am not able to define a stable connection between the two devices and the type of errors are two: [Case #1] the camera said "USB connected" but my computer can't see the device OR [Case #2] the camera is definitively not connected (and, of course, the computer can't see the device). I was able to connect the camera to the computer just once, for 5 minutes, and it opens my Camera Roll directly than it disappeared (forever!). This problem influences the charging process as well.. sometimes I leave my camera in charging mode (red light on, checked) but after some hours it is at the same battery level I left.

Second issue:

• Quick software: just for troubleshooting purposes for [Case #1], I tried to change the way I download data and I decided to download my pics using Quick (as suggested in some forums) but the SW is unable to open, it jumps for minutes on my Dock bar and than crashes (OS version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6)

Third issue:

• Technical Support: is completely unavailable!! It declares “24x7 availability for assistance” in Live Chat mode than it is always busy or closed (!!)… so I tried to contact them via telephone number but it follows local hours (9AM-6PM) impossible to be contacted by people that works during the same timeframe.

So what can I do now?

Note that my Internet connection is a mobile hotspot and GB of Internet are not enough to transfer all my data using bluetooth/internet connection and I would like to solve the issues, not just find an alternative.

Thanks a lot and in advance for help.