Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro HERO 8 cannot connect to GoPro app

[ New ]

Hello, @jponhudson. Make sure that your camera is on the latest firmware, that your phone is updated to the latest OS version, and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings if accessible, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time.

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Reset camera to factory defaults then pair again. 

There are more device-specific troubleshooting steps here for you to try. Let us know how it goes.  

Sightseer

[ New ]

I cant belive I just spent over $600 for this Hero8 and I cant even connect to my camera wirelessly.   What really is going on?????

Sightseer

[ New ]

I should say $600 for camera and accessories.  I downloaded the updated software and everything was working fine until this morning.  Now, the app see's my camera but will not connect to it.  I expected so very much more from such an expensive piece of equipment.  EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER.  

GoPro

[ New ]

@spunkpunk, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here -- https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem. If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have an iPhone 11 and was having the same issue until I restarted my phone. It might work for you too. Good luck. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was experiencing these connection issues and when I got to this comment about turning my phone off and back on I just about had to face palm myself.. This is the solution that ultimately fixed my problem as well after trying just about everything short of a manual update. 

Thanks these posts really do help.