Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro HERO 6 Low Light Problems (v1.6)...

Another fun point about the promo videos is that most scenes are corrected from the fisheye-effect. Even before LINEAR mode. Which they don't use anyways since it doen't work with 4K. So all fisheye removal are done i post in Premiere. make syou wonder why they still use a fisheye lens in the camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

People forget that gopro is an Action Cam with a little little sensor...no christmas miracles inside that cam :D

Highlighted
Hiker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

Yeah the scene you questions might be a day-for-night shoot.

If it is I'm not surprised.

After all it's a promo for a 500 USD camera which only objective is to make the video feel like it's of a "professional" grade.

We both know that you will never get a Sony A7III level low light performance from a GoPro.

There's a suprise - a 1/2.3 sensor camera not as good low light as a camera with a sensor about 30 times larger and costing 10 times as much.

Arw there many helmet mounts for the A7III?

Highlighted
Hiker

A7III is not a thing yet... What you are reffering to is A7SII/A7S and ofcourse no one expects a tiny sensor to perform like a full frame beast of a camera... why is this even a disccusion :D :D 

Highlighted
Nomad

I guess you mean A7RIII. But that is not my point if you read the original message.

Highlighted
Nomad

In retrospect I think this scene from the lauch video is shoot early in the twilight.

It's certainly not shoot during the night.

original.png

Highlighted
Hiker

... I'll just leave this here :)

Highlighted
Hiker

Good luck with that contact. You'll be offered a camera hardware replacement by signature Marilyn Ray from sweatshop 18 in Mumbai, India, although the name sounds like Indiana, to help solve the software issues with this PoS camera. Mind you, it's not a new camera you will be getting. In fact, you might get my camera! Maybe I get yours! Blows my mind how stupid the software department has to be when they rather send out new hardware than hire some fkn smart guy to help out with everything that's wrong on this new **bleep**ty Hero 6. This company is a joke. Should NOT be listed on the stock exchange.